Alcohols of Nehwon
You can't have stories about down-to-earth heroes who enjoy the various pleasures in life without mentioning the imbibing of alcohol, and indeed you’ll never have trouble finding a tavern in Lankhmar. Here are some of the alcohols mentioned in the stories, and a good chance to add more color to your game.
- We first hear about white snow potato brandy of Fafhrd’s snow-clan. It is apparently a heady drink.
- There is the bubbly wine of Ilthmar which is mentioned in at least a couple of stories.
- We find out in The Cloud of Hate that the strong wine of Tovilyis has a high sugar content.
- The wine of Quarmall is mentioned a couple of times, and in one reference it is said that the mushroom wine of Quarmall fosters visions.
- We also learn about the light wine of Ilthmar. Presumably this is a different offering than their bubbly wine.